admob is not working

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:57 AM

hi.. i tried to implement the admob as shown in the video tutorial in my wp7 project. but its not working. no advertisements coming. i m getting the add frame. but tat too its not displaying as white. its in black color . can any one help me wat mistake i ve done ?

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Most likely AdMob does not have any advertisements for your local geared towards WinPhone7.  

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Not sure this is the case, I've seen admob working on an inside ad at the Messenger by Miyowa app for WP7

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Try to sign up for Smartphone Web on the admob site.  That might be the way to go.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I am having the same problem, I am trying to display ads inside my Windows Phone App. I have done the following:

• Setup a Mobile Web in AdMob (not sure why I had to provide a URL, but put in my website, which BTW is not a WAP web site)
  • Put publisher ID into the AdMob control
  • Set TestMode to False
  • Set UseGPS to True

When I deploy to my phone all I get is a blank Ad that has a picture of a phone on the left and "Ads by AdMob on the right.  Also tried with UseGPS to False.  When you say "AdMob does not have any ads for your local geared towards WinPhone7" does that mean that when people who want to advertise they get to choose the platform their ads are displayed, and thats why we are not getting any ads because people are not targeting the WinPhone yet because they are not sure they will hit that many users???

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM
dcarley wrote:

When I deploy to my phone all I get is a blank Ad that has a picture of a phone on the left and "Ads by AdMob on the right.  Also tried with UseGPS to False.  When you say "AdMob does not have any ads for your local geared towards WinPhone7" does that mean that when people who want to advertise they get to choose the platform their ads are displayed, and thats why we are not getting any ads because people are not targeting the WinPhone yet because they are not sure they will hit that many users???

That is essentially the problem. If you have an iPhone, you've probably seen that most ads basically take you to the iTunes store to download an app.  Obviously WP7 can't do that, thus the lack of ads.   

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I am confused, I don't want to advertise my App, I want to put other peoples ad's into my App.  There must be at least 1 advert in Googles bucket for WinPhone7 for my region.  Is there any way I can trick it into thinking its an iPhone :)

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 1:16 AM

The other people's adverts are mostly for apps (not yours, of course).  The link from the ad takes you directly to the iTunes store, which WP7 can't display.  But yes, you can easily trick it to think it's an iphone, but that won't do you any good.