How to you force ad rotation?

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM

any comments?

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 7:00 PM

In the adMobRenderer.xaml.cs, change the BeginAdFetch from private to public.  Recompile.  Then just call the BeginAdFetch method from your code.

Feb 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM

do i need to download the source code for this?

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Yes.

Feb 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Will I get ads on the emulator?  I'm currently only getting blank pages while in the phone I get the ads.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I change it to public, but still cannot see it. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I added the project as a reference to my other project and rebuilt everything.

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  1. Did you assign a name (instance variable) to the AdMobRenderer instance in XAML?  
  2. Use the instance variable you created and call the BeginAdFetch on it.
  3. Laugh all the way to the bank.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 9:10 PM
miracleman wrote:

Will I get ads on the emulator?  I'm currently only getting blank pages while in the phone I get the ads.

Hmmm, you used to... Why?  Because when I initially released the software, WP7 software was in beta.  And in beta, the GPS on the Emulator would return Redmond, Washington, USA, as its position.  In the release version, the GPS simply reports as unavailable on the emulator.  AdMob requires GPS to give you meaningful ads. Thus on the phone you are getting ads and on the emulator, you don't.

It's possible to add code that will recognize when you are on the emulator and supply admob with fake GPS coordinates.